WorldWide Autism Exercise specialists
David S. Geslak (otherwise known as Coach Dave) is the founder and president of “Exercise Connection” in Chicago. “Coach Dave” has been working with children with special needs, and autistics, for nearly 11 yrs. His team at “Exercise Connection”, focus on exercise as a form of treatment for those with autism and other neurological conditions like ADHD. They try to improve communication, mood, and behavior through it. He even hired a Licensed, Speech Language Pathologist.
David had spoken at Autism conferences, written two relevant books or instructional guides on this topic, (However, I haven’t read them, so don’t think I’m recommending them). He and his team currently seam to mostly focus on children and teens. But, it looks like from studying this website, he might desire to expand the age range in the future. His team is currently finishing up an app. And to learn more you can do any of the following.
1. Search for the approximately 3 minute video called Autism and Fitness on utube. About Coach Dave, and one of his private clients, who is verbal, an ASD teen, who is now employed too! This video is also available at the bottom of the article found at the URL in number 2, below.
2. Read an article that’s very similiar to that above mentioned video, at wgntv.com/2014/12/14/autism-exercise/ .
3. Subscribe to Coach Dave’s u tube channel, after searching for David Geslak. Then watch exercise videos (That are tops a few minutes each,) catered for moderately effected autistics.
4. Check out the “Exercise Connections” employee page highlighting the 8 staff members here. Click Here
5. Sign up for there free newsletter found on there website linked on number 4.
6. Watch his Coach Dave TV show via Roku when it re-aires on the new WORLD WIDE, Autism Channel next year. For free, on your own time.
I have not met, spoken to, or know anyone who’s benefited or disliked any of his programs. Nore have I spoken to anyone, who is part of the “Exercise Connection” team.
GRASP (A World Wide, Autism Organization), that I’m personally pretty connected to, posted number 2 above, to there Facebook community recently. I’m just trying to share my knowledge, in hopes it might help or inspire others.